Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Support fellow yogis

Kat has been teaching yoga for us in the Barefoot Fitness yoga studio for the past few months now. Today I attended her class. Wow! It was great to "let go" myself and become a participant. As a yoga teacher, this can be one of the hardest things to do, to allow the other teacher to lead you through a yoga practice. Because Kat is a great yoga teacher herself, I was able to let go of my own expectations, competition, and judgement. Thank you, Kat, for the experience. I also had a great time being a student for the first time in my own yoga studio. I was able to look at the room, sights and sounds, and embrace what I now understand others have been able to feel on their own. If you would like to get to know Kat more and where she's teaching, visit her website at http://yogamar.blogspot.com -em

1 comment:

Kat Marchin-Tomlin said...

Emily, I was honored to have such an expert practitioner of yoga in my class. Thanks again for creating a wonderful space to practice yoga, and for letting me share in the teaching there.